Changing your lifestyle is not easy. Especially when it comes to food. Whether you do it for weight loss or to improve your health, switching foods you love to some healthier alternatives may prove a challenge.
That’s why we decided to help you find recipes that are both delicious and nutritious.
As a source of healthy, easy, and really delicious recipes, we used the DoFasting app.
The DoFasting app is actually an intermittent fasting app that is an all-in-one assistant to a healthier lifestyle. It tracks your eating window and provides thousands of recipes, as well as very insightful articles and tips on a healthy lifestyle. It also creates in-home environment-friendly workout routines for you, in case you feel like moving a bit.
We know how difficult it might be to follow a healthy diet, especially if it seems like you’ve tried dozens of recipes already. So if you’re on any diet and are about to cheat, we’re in a hurry to give you 3 easy and delicious recipes to avoid hunger pains.
Here are the 3 recipe ideas inspired by what people tend to crave the most when on diets: tacos, pizza, and burgers.
Fish Tacos With Red Cabbage
Prep time: 40min
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 190g red cabbage
- 182g raw tilapia fillet
- 130g bell pepper
- 120g corn tortilla
- 40g avocado
- 30g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 8g olive oil
- 6g garlic
- 6g lemon juice
- 4g fresh cilantro
- 2g ground black pepper
- 2g ground paprika
- 2g dried thyme
- 2g dried oregano
- Season tilapia with a pinch of ground black pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme, and ground paprika spice.
- Slice the seasoned tilapia into the desired size pieces. Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add tilapia and fry for 4–5min until cooked.
- In a bowl, mix a pinch of ground black pepper, minced garlic, and Greek yogurt.
- Warm-up corn tortillas. On each tortilla, evenly spread Greek yogurt, layer sliced avocado, shredded red cabbage, and sliced bell pepper. Add fried tilapia.
- Serve tacos on the plate. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro. Squeeze lemon juice over the tacos and enjoy.
Note (for gluten intolerant): pay attention to food labels on products to make sure there is no gluten in any form.
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Prep time: 40min
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 474g cauliflower
- 200g grilled chicken breast
- 140g low-sodium mozzarella cheese
- 112g red bell pepper
- 96g white mushrooms
- 88g egg
- 84g spinach
- 84 blue cheese
- 64g tomato paste (100% tomatoes)
- 56g black olives
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 390°F.
- Line a pizza pan with a piece of foil or parchment paper.
- Grate the cauliflower head. Combine grated cauliflower, egg, and shredded mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl. Cut parchment paper to fit the pizza pan.
- Mix the crust mixture thoroughly, and spread on the parchment paper as thinly as possible. Cook the crust for 15min. Let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato paste and chicken in a bowl and mix well. Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the top of the pizza base. Layer the chopped bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, olives, and spinach on top. Then sprinkle it with blue cheese.
- Put the pizza in the oven and bake for 8–10min, or until the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
Vegan Bagel Burgers With Sweet Potato Patty
Prep time: 40minNutritional value:
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 90g plain unsweetened soy yogurt
- 80g whole wheat bagel
- 68g nutritional yeast
- 66g raw sweet potato
- 56g canned black beans
- 30g vegan mayonnaise
- 26g dry rolled oats
- 20g cucumber
- 10g chopped scallions
- 10g fresh dill
- 10g lemon juice
- 8g olive oil
- 2g curry powder
- 2g salt
- Grate the sweet potato. Squeeze it with the paper towels to remove excess moisture; place in a large bowl.
- Put oats in a food processor until finely ground; add to the bowl with the sweet potatoes.
- Add beans, scallions, mayonnaise, curry powder, and salt to the bowl; mash the mixture together with your hands. Shape into ½ inch thick (13mm) patty. Place the patty on the plate; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir yogurt, dill, and lemon juice together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook until golden brown – about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide yogurt sauce evenly among the top and bottom bun halves. Top the bottom bun half with the patty and cucumber slices, sprinkle nutritional yeast, then place the top bun half. Enjoy!
Very often, when we start a new diet, we find ourselves longing for that plentiful, cozy plate of food to comfort us. Unfortunately, it’s not another plate of healthy foods we crave; it’s usually fast food “classics.”
The tricky thing is our brain usually wants it unconditionally. Eating something else rarely ever helps. On the other hand, if we give in, then it feels like we’ve failed the diet entirely, and it is very difficult to get back on track.
But there is a solution. All you have to do is trick your brain into thinking it can have what it wants, but actually change the unhealthy fast food to an alternative that is as delicious and as comforting as the “original” and way more healthy and beneficial for you.
You can find thousands of recipes like this on the internet, or if you need a recipe already approved by a nutritionist – in the DoFasting app. Don’t let your food cravings betray you – go for the healthy options – like listed above – instead.
1. Can fast food be included in a healthy diet?
The short answer is no. Fast food and a healthy diet are incompatible. But there is a solution. All you have to do is trick your brain into thinking it can have what it wants, but actually change the unhealthy fast food to a healthy alternative that is as delicious and as comforting as the “original”. You can find thousands of recipes like this in the DoFasting app.
2. Simple cauliflower crust pizza recipe
Grate the cauliflower head. Combine it with egg and shredded mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl. Mix the crust mixture thoroughly, and spread on the parchment paper as thinly as possible. Cook the crust for 15min. Let it cool down for 5 minutes. Combine tomato paste and chicken in a bowl and mix well. Spread the chicken mixture evenly over the top of the pizza base. Layer the topping you prefer on top. Then sprinkle it with blue cheese. Put the pizza in the oven and bake for 8–10min, or until the cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!