Oh, summer. Breezy days, lazy sun – to fulfill the day you just need a cold glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. And who wants to spend their time sweating and hurdling in the kitchen? Maybe a fun snack that’s easy and also healthy will combat the heat?
Our top favorites this season are:
Chocolate Avocado Frosty
Tasty, cold, creamy, and with a healthy boost from avocados, this smoothie is your new favorite summer shake. Don’t worry because the avocado won’t overpower the taste with bitterness!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large organic avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (according to your taste)
- 4 cups of ice
- Add ingredients to the blender; whack them until smooth and creamy consistency.
- Be careful not to over blend as it will melt!
- Serve immediately (it should be around 4-6 portions)
- Try using crushed ice so your blender won’t work so hard.
Ice Cream Apple Dip
First time hearing about an Ice Cream dip made of coffee creamer and yogurt? Well, it’s becoming a new trend among youngsters because it has fewer calories than actual ice cream but the taste effect is the same! Made from only three ingredients, it’s low-fat and filled with protein.
The secret of this dip recipe is that you can use any of the flavors you want. All of them taste like delicious ice cream flavors… so all of them make an amazing Ice Cream Apple Dip!
- 1/2 cup International Delight Cold Stone Creamer any flavor
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla greek-style yogurt or you could use regular
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Apple slices for dipping (or any other fruit you prefer)
Whisk creamer and yogurt together in a serving bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Serve with apples. If you’re not an apple lover, you can serve it with sliced mango, melon, or bananas.
Berry Pistachio Popsicles
Pick a good mold, choose lactose or not, and get freezing!
Pistachios and berries together? It does sound interesting! But this tandem will make your mouth water because the combination has yet freshness and creaminess. Also, a good choice if you’re having a small gathering of friends or just a lazy Sunday party.
- 500 ml half and half
- 1 pkg Pistachio instant pudding
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- a handful of mixed frozen berries
- a popsicle mold
- a hand whisk
Place all ingredients, except the berries, in a bowl and whisk for approximately two minutes. Use a spatula to fold in the berries.
Spread evenly among molds and place in the freezer for four hours, or overnight. Then, try to gently pop them out of their pods!
Coconut Blueberry Pecan Granola
It’s low on sugar and super easy to make! This tasty granola dish is a great healthy breakfast option. You will be officially addicted to the stuff. Not only is it a great breakfast option with milk or yogurt but it is perfect just munch on during the day for a quick pick-me-up snack.
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cups of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325º. Put oats, pecans, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut flakes in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and toss to coat everything.
- Spread granola mixture over the baking sheet (on a wax or baking paper). Bake for 30 minutes or until granola is slightly crusted and brown. Every 10 minutes flip the granola for not burning it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool, toss in dried blueberries. Enjoy!
You can find more healthy snacks in our DoFasting App! It has dozens of fresh, easy-to-make and delicious options for a sunny day!